The impregnation of windings and coils is required for the production of electric motors for both hybrid technology, 48-volt mild hybrids and full-electrical motors for cars and trucks. The impregnation significantly optimizes the performance of hybrid motors and electric motors and increases the insulation of the coils.
Whether trickling, roll dipping, hot dipping, vertical dipping or potting - our impregnation solutions ensure a reliable process to guarantee a high quality and continuous impregnation result. Our trickling and dipping equipment is used to impregnate and cure electro-technical wounded objects. Our large product portfolio goes from small stand-alone to high-volume machines for impregnation solutions.
- To glue coils and provide mechanical strength
- To provide thermal and environmental resistance
- To improve heat transfer
- To replace the air in the insulating system
- To reinforce the electrical insulation
To learn more about our impregnation technology, or to see if bdtronic can add value to your process, please contact us today by filling out our easy to use form here.
Smooth production flow due to an optimal component transportation
- Automatic loading and unloading
- Camera monitoring
- Cyclical component transportation
- Continuous component rotation
The components are regulated heated up to a required temperature level with various heating methods during the individual process steps
- Hot air
- Current heating "Joule Effect"
- Induction heating
Depending on the form and size of your component we offer the suitable impregnation solutions procedure
- Roll dipping
- Hot dipping
- Vertical dipping
- Potting (vacuum)
Process control for impregnation technology
Our impregnation plants offer control and regulation circuits for the process stability
- Temperature monitoring
- Trickling nozzle control
- Rotation speed control
Advanced Impregnation Solutions
As automotive and electronic components manufacturers increase their competitiveness, it becomes imperative to keep up the highest technology standards. To achieve those standards, these manufacturers constantly face numerous challenges to find reliable sealing systems for metal and electronic parts. Some of the most substantial challenges include: complexity, high pressure, leakage, light weight, corrosion, resistance, distortion and emission. For these types of situations, impregnation systems have emerged as part of the key to solve them. When they include high performance and reliable products, state of the art machinery, advanced technology and well trained personnel, these systems become the proper solution and essential processes in daily operations that allow manufacturers to succeed.
Impregnation is also known as secondary insulation because it reinforces the copper enamel that is defined as the first insulation. It is a chemical procedure that uses coating substances, such as resins and varnishes, plus heat, through a variety of methods, necessary to fix and improve the mechanical performance and stability, and reduce the thermal and electrical resistance of the copper winding parts.
bdtronic focuses its efforts to provide impregnation solutions for electronic and electrical wound transformers, generators, electrical motors and windings. The bdtronic trickling and Roll dipping machine systems support a wide range of capacities that go from individual or small production volumes, medium to high production volumes and high volume. All these options will support the production requirements of nearly all electric motor and coil manufacturers. The wide range of options allows bdtronic to provide tailor made solutions that fill all customer needs.
Benefits of using impregnation solutions
By using impregnation systems, manufacturers of automotive and electrical components are able to achieve improvements in the production and the repairs of these components. These benefits are obtained because this system improves, among others:
- Mechanical strength at high temperatures
- Heat transfer
- Replacement of the air in the insulating system
- Electrical insulation
- Thermal and environmental resistance
- Motor performance
- Resistance to mechanical shock and vibration
- Reduction of noise
All these advantages may be achieved through a variety of methods that guarantee the most complete and reliable results. In this sense, bdtronic has developed a wide range of impregnation solutions that fit every customer needs.
Methods of impregnation solutions
In order to achieve the best results, the method of impregnation may vary according to the type of component. Shape and size are among the special features which are considered. In any case, there is a method available for each one of them, as follows:
- Trickling: Each component continuously rotates and goes through several phases of impregnation and the speed of rotation as well as the time of exposure is controlled according to the size and characteristic of every piece. Full process monitoring achieved.
- Roll Dipping: Components are placed in rotating tools and rotate in every phase of the process. The component is partially dipped and the sealing products, such as resin and varnish, flow and overflow according to the position of the piece. The whole process guarantees the highest penetration of slots as they all are fulfill up to highest levels. Partial process monitoring achieved.
- Hot Dipping: This method applies impregnation by preheating the components in order to handle viscous impregnation media. Viscosity of resin and other sealing products may be reduced with preheated components, which allows higher levels of penetration. Low or none process monitoring achieved.
- Vertical Dipping: The component is preheated and then fully dipped into the resin; the component is drained with a specific angle and then follows the rest of the process until the resin or varnish is sealed. Partial process monitoring achieved.
- Potting(Vacuum): A mold or base is prepared and it receives a preheated component. After the sealing product is potted in the component, the mold is pressed; it is also possible to put the mold first and then inject the sealing product from the bottom by using vacuum. Full process monitoring achieved.
All methods guarantee highest penetration of sealing products as they improve the performance of every component to their highest potential. But, bdtronic has gone further by automating the whole process while providing the highest stability and efficiency through all phases of trickling and dipping methods.
Phases of impregnation process
With Impregnation plants, processes go through four phases which guarantee maximum and high quality results. Impregnation plants of bdtronic are designed to complete them all with control and efficiency. Phases are:
- Preheating: Components get trickled while they rotate or may be dipped into the sealing products.
- Gelling: temperature rise in different ways until reaching the proper level according to the type of component and method of impregnation applied.
- Curing: components are cured at specifics temperatures and times.
- Cooling: Components are ready after they cool down until acquiring normal temperature that allows manipulating them.
Advanced impregnation technology
As bdtronic is conscious of how important it is precision and stability to obtain the best results for the impregnation of transformers, generators, electrical motors and windings, its new technology and plants add the most advanced features in order to guarantee the highest penetration and durability. The most outstanding features of impregnation plants are oriented to provide:
- Control of the process: The process is controlled from the beginning to the end by circuits specially designed for this purpose. As success of the results relies on this control, the impregnation plants are able to provide temperature monitoring, trickling nozzle control and rotation speed control. In addition, machines include camera monitoring and component weighting check (before and after process) into them which allows component recognition in every step of the process and ease the control. The precise control of all these elements is what adds value to the plants.
- Optimal component transportation: all components may start and finish the process being loaded and unloaded in manual, semi automatic or fully automatic ways and they are completely monitored during all phases. Continuous rotation and cyclical transportation guarantee that components are fully impregnated and cured after the process is completed.
- Temperature management: as there are several sizes and shapes of components, the impregnation solution may vary; therefore it may require a particular type and speed of heating. The machinery allows managing the temperature by providing various methods that allow controlling the heat. These methods include hot air, infrared, current heating “Joule Effect” and induction heating.
All the above demonstrate bdtronic can provide impregnation solutions for wounded objects. Advanced technology for impregnation systems allows high quality performance, process optimization, lower costs and high safety levels. As every customer has its own needs, a project manager is assigned if necessary. An evaluation is possible before implementing the impregnation solution.